Tuesday, May 21, 2013

When will the Jews and the Lost Tribes of Israel believe in Christ?

Tuesday night Scripture Study, 5/21/13 Brother Tom Arnold
When will the Jews and the Lost Tribes of Israel believe in
Christ?
Before we can answer this question we need to first understand
where they went and what will bring them back.
What is the main purpose of the Book of Mormon? The below is from the Title pagewhich was written by the hand of Mormon.
1. That the Lamanites (Native Americans) are a remnant of the House of Israel.
2. Written to convince both the Jews and Gentiles that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God.
This is also revealed to us in 1st Nephi 3:191-193
3:191 And after it had come forth unto them, I beheld other books which came forth by the power of the Lamb, from the Gentiles unto them, unto the convincing of the Gentiles, and the remnant of the seed of my brethren, and also the Jews, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth, that the records of the prophets and of the twelve apostles of the Lamb are true.
3:192 And the angel spake unto me, saying, These last records which thou hast seen among the Gentiles shall establish the truth of the first, which are of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, and shall make known the plain and precious things which have been taken away from them; 3:193 And shall make known to all kindreds, tongues and people, that the Lamb of God is the son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world; and that all men must come unto him or they can not be saved;
There are many requirements that have to take place before the Jews and the lost tribes of Israel (including the Lamanites) will believe in Christ. Do we see any of those requirements today?
One requirement is the coming forth of the Book of Mormon and other writings from the Lost tribes of Israel. The Book of Mormon is a preparatory work to happen before the gathering of ALL the houses of Israel.
Let us look at 2 Nephi 12:67-73. Who are to write records from the Lord?
12:67 For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews, and they shall write it:
12:68 And I shall also speak unto the Nephites, and they shall write it;
12:69 And I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it;
12:70 And I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth, and they shall write it.
12:71 And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews:
12:72 And the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews.
12:73 And it shall come to pass that my people which are of the house of Israel, shall be gathered home unto the lands of their possessions; and my word also shall be gathered in one.
Do we have the record of the Jews? Yes, we have the Bible.
Do we have the record of the Nephites? Yes the record of the Nephites is the Book of Mormon. See Book of Commandments Ch. 9:10
Do we have the records of other lost tribes of Israel?
Do we have the records of all the nations of the earth?
Notice from above that before ALL the houses of Israel can be gathered to their lands of possessions, the Jews and Nephites need to also have the record of the other tribes of Israel. Could this be the reason we are not seeing too much movement of
the Lamanites in North America?
There is also a reflection of this in Ezekiel 37:16-22
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen (Gentiles), whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and
one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
Let’s continue reading 2 Nephi 12:79-85
12:79 And now, I would prophesy somewhat more concerning the Jews and the Gentiles.
12:80 For after the book of which I have spoken shall come forth (BoM), and be written unto the Gentiles, and sealed up again unto the Lord, there shall be many which shall believe the words which are written; and they shall carry them forth unto the remnant of our seed (Lamanites).
12:81 And then shall the remnant of our seed know concerning us, how that came out from Jerusalem, and that they are descendants of the Jews.
12:82 And the gospel of Jesus Christ shall be declared among them (Lamanites); wherefore, they shall be restored unto the knowledge of their fathers, and also to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, which was had among their fathers.
12:83 And then shall they rejoice; for they shall know that it is a blessing unto them from the hand of God;
12:84 And their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes: and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a white and a delightsome people.
12:85 And it shall come to pass that the Jews which are scattered, also shall begin to believe in Christ: and they shall begin to gather in upon the face of the land; From the above we see that the gathering to the lands from which they were scattered is in relation to the Book of Mormon coming forth. And that the two
people and the two scriptures will become one. See 3 Nephi Ch. 9 for more details.
Do we see this in our time?
Who is Jesus calling to?
In Matthew 15:24 Jesus says “…I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
In John 10:16 we find Jesus stating “And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.”
A similar statement is being addressed in 3 Nephi 7:20-26
7:20 And verily, I say unto you, that ye (Nephites/Lamanites) are they of whom I said, Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
7:21 And they understood me not, for they supposed it had been the Gentiles; for they understood not that the Gentiles should be converted through their preaching;
7:22 And they understood me not that I said they shall hear my voice; and they understood me not that the Gentiles should not at any time hear my voice; that I should not manifest myself unto them, save it were by the Holy Ghost.
7:23 But behold, ye have both heard my voice, and seen me, and ye are my sheep, and ye are numbered among those whom the Father hath given me.
7:24 And verily, verily, I say unto you, that I have other sheep, which are not of this land; neither of the land of Jerusalem; neither in any parts of that land round about, whither I have been to minister.
7:25 For they of whom I speak, are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.
7:26 But I have received a commandment of the Father, that I shall go unto them, and that they shall hear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold, and one shepherd; therefore I go to shew myself unto them.
From the above we see the same theme of the gathering together into one nation from multiple nations. Plus we see that Jesus has yet other sheep that are not Nephite, Lamanite or Jewish but are of the tribes of Israel and he went to them as well after leaving the Nephites and Lamanites.
Since the coming of the Book of Mormon has Israel been gathering?
There have been many things that have happened since the coming forth of the Book of Mormon that have pointed to Jewish Israel being gathered.
More Jewish records coming forth - In 1945 the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. This discovery came at a time when biblical accuracy was being questioned. This document has also helped establish the Jewishness of the Bible and the Qumran Community.
Israel becomes a state in 1948. This is something that people said would never happen. However Jesus said in Luke 21:24 that the Jews would be lead away captive and Jerusalem would be trodden under foot until when? Until the times of the Gentiles is complete. The Apostle Paul also says in Romans 11:25 that blindness has happened to Israel UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles come in (to Israel).
The Time of the Gentiles coming to a close
The two scriptures above point to an end of the time of the Gentiles, what is this time referring to? The Apostle Paul gives a clue in Romans 11 when he speaks of the wild and nature Olive branches. The wild being the Gentiles and the Natural being Israel. Paul starts out the Chapter saying that the God has not cast away his people Israel. But they have become blind with unbelief and they have been broken off (v20) but if they no longer have unbelief they will be grafted back into Israel (v23).
This chapter in Romans is very key in understanding that the Gentiles are grafted into Israel. This also has parallels in the Book of Mormon.
3 Nephi 9:92 For thus it behooveth the Father that it should come forth from the Gentiles, that he may shew forth his power unto the Gentiles, for this cause, that the Gentiles, if they will not harden their hearts, that they may repent and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, and know of the true points of my doctrine, that they may be numbered among my people, O house of Israel:
Ether 6:10 And then cometh the New Jerusalem; and blessed are they who dwell therein, for it is they whose garments are white through the blood of the lamb; and they are they who are numbered among the remnant of the seed of Joseph, who were of the house of Israel.
Why would Jesus only be sent to the Lost sheep of Israel but then call to the Gentiles?
Ezekiel 36:18-20
18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
19 And I scattered them among the heathen (Gentiles), and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
20 And when they entered unto the heathen (Gentiles), whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land.
Jeremiah 9:16 I will scatter them also among the heathen (Gentiles), whom neither they nor their fathers have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them.
Ezekiel 36:23-25
23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen (Gentiles) shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
The Lost sheep of the House of Israel is scattered among the Gentiles and it is the Lord that calls them to himself.
However we are seeing in modern times (since the 1960s) many of the Gentile population have been turning back to pagan worship and away from the God of Israel.
Besides Gentiles are their Jews and Lamanites that believe in Jesus Christ today?
From personal research I have found:
Since the return to Israel in the 1960s there has been a steady number of more and more Jewish believers becoming believers in Jesus/Yeshua as the Messiah and forming Messianic Jewish congregations both in America and in Israel. Also since this time more Jews have gathered home to Israel.
Since the 1830s the Book of Mormon has went to the Lamanites. But in the early days of the Church after the death of Joseph Smith, not much attention has been given to the Lamanites until recently.
Within the last 10 years many Torah and Book of Mormon groups have been coming forward.
Also many Native American tribes have started to suspect “Jewish” ancestry, especially among the Cherokee and have been requesting DNA tests.
Today we are seeing many people of both Jewish, Gentile and Lamanite ancestry coming to faith in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment