Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Being One

Tuesday night Scripture Study ... Elder Dennis Trudgen
Being One
Question: “3rd Nephi 5:27, where Jesus talks about The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost being one. When using "one", is it like a marriage, where the Husband and Wife become "one"? Like a unit?”
Comments from the study group:
“Both. It is a covenant & a union, agreement. Jesus is the son of God & God himself gave Jesus the authority to do what he needed to do. When he says "I & the father are one" again in agreement/covenant to do Gods will, not his own. God chose Jesus to be the only way to the father.”
III Nephi 5 : 25-28 25 And now behold, these are the words which ye shall say, calling them by name, saying: Having authority given me of Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. 26 And then shall ye immerse them in the water, and come forth again out of the water. 27And after this manner shall ye baptize in my name, for behold, verily I say unto you, that the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one; and I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one. 28 And according as I have commanded you, thus shall ye baptize.
Genesis 2 : 24 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Matthew 19 : 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Woman 1) woman, wife, female a) woman (opposite of man) b) wife (woman married to a man) c) female (of animals) d) each, every (pronoun)
Scriptures where the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost are referred to as ONE
(Three different parts to complete a perfect whole, God)
II Nephi 13 : 32 And now behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
Book of Mormon 3 : 29 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day, hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.
Matthew 28 : 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mosiah 8 : 32 And thus the flesh becoming subject to the Spirit, or the Son to the Father, being one God, suffereth temptation, and yieldeth not to the temptation, but suffereth himself to be mocked, and scourged, and cast out, and disowned by his people.
John 10 : 30 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no
man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Alma 8 : 104 And shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.
One in their Testimony and Witness
III Nephi 5 : 36-38 36 Verily, verily I say unto you, that this is my doctrine; and I bear record of it from the Father; and whoso believeth in me, believeth in the Father also; 37 And unto him will
the Father bear record of me; for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost; 38 And thus will the Father bear record of me; and the Holy Ghost will bear record unto him of the Father and me; for the Father, and I, and the Holy Ghost, are one.
John 8 : 17-19 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. 19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
I John 5 : 5-9 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
Ether 2 : 3 And in the mouth of three witnesses shall these things be established; and the testimony of three, and this work, in the which shall be shewn forth the power of God, and also his word, of which the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost beareth record; and all thisshall stand as a testimony against the world at the last day.
Ether 5 : 41 And now I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be, and abide in you for ever. Amen.
“ Three - Signifies completion or perfection, and unity.
Many significant events in the Bible happened "on the third day" (Hosea 6:2).
• Jonah spent three days and three nights in the belly of the fish (Matthew 12:40).
• Jesus' earthly ministry lasted three years (Luke 13:7).
John 2:19
Jesus answered them, "19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." http://christianity.about.com/od/biblefactsandlists/qt/Bible-
Numerology.htm
• “Three denotes divine perfection;
• Seven denotes spiritual perfection;
• Ten denotes ordinal perfection; and
• Twelve denotes governmental perfection.”
http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/3.html
The Father in the Son, the Son in the Father
III Nephi 4 : 45 I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.
John 14 : 10-11 Believest thou not that I am in the father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.11 Believe me that I am in the father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
The Son in Us
Romans 8 : 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
I Corinthians 3 : 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and
that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
John 15 : 26-27 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send
unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
John 16 : 13-14 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
We are also made one with Christ. His Spirit dwells within us but how do we dwell in him?
I Corinthians 8 : 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
John 14 : 16-17, 20 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you…20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
I John 2 : 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
John 15 : 4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Galatians 3 : 16, 26-29 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
One with the Father and Son
John 17 : 11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be
one, as we are.
John 17 : 20-23 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
III Nephi 13 : 22-23 22 Yea, your joy shall be full, even as the Father hath given me fullness of joy; and ye shall be even as I am, and I am even as the Father; and the Father and I are one; 23
And the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and the Father giveth the Holy Ghost unto the children of men, because of me.
Marriage of the Lamb
II Corinthians 11 : 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
Espoused Strong's G718 - harmozō 1) to join, to fit together a) of carpenter's, fastening together beams and planks to build houses, ships, etc. 2) to betroth a daughter to any one a) to join to one's self, i.e. to marry the daughter of any one b) to betroth, to give one in marriage to any one
Ephesians 5 : 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Revelation 19 : 7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the Marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made
herself ready.
Matthew 22 : 2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king,
which made a Marriage for his son, Joel 2 : 16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the Bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment